Everyone sick of TRANCE yet? Because I sure am… not? Whoa, how is this even possible? I’ve difficulty enduring a singular genre for even a week straight, much less any longer, yet here we are a complete July past, and I’ve nary felt a smidge of burnout on the genre. What gives? A significant factor is this how much of a nostalgic trip down my trancecracker years this has been, reliving those exploratory ‘90s when trance felt new, edgy, and mysterious. I can almost guarantee, were I to indulge
modern trance for a similar length of time, I’d have gone squirrel-shit insane by now. One disc of Mike Shiver was plenty ‘nuff, thank you. Of course I’ve bias towards the years I was first having sex [citation needed].
Another factor was taking a break from it all, pacing the month out, filling the gaps with different music, and taking a mini-vacation to Seattle. Where I got to hear Nirvana all the time. And a bunch of Metallica on the car radio for one inexplicable Sunday, no matter which station I tuned into. Having Beastie Boys’
Sabotage stuck in my head for nearly a week didn’t hurt/help either (thanks,
ST: Beyond!). Naturally, none of this shall appear on ACE TRACKS: July 2016 (The Total Trip Trance-Voyage Experience!).
Full track list here.
MISSING ALBUMS:
Various –
Tranced Out And Dreaming
Various -
Trance V.oice 2
Various -
Trance 2001: A Trance Odyssey
Various -
Trance Trippin’
Various -
Trance To Planet X: Influence 3.3 [FOUND!]
Various -
Trance Sessions
Various -
Trance Psyberdelic
Various -
Trance Mission: Leon Bolier & Mike Shiver
Various -
Trance Europe 2.0
Various -
Trance Divas 2
Various -
Muzik Presents Trance Classics
Various -
Trance Central – Return To The Classics Vol. 4: Jørn Stenzel
Chris Fortier -
Trance America
Percentage Of Hip-Hop: 0%
Percentage Of Rock: 0%
Most “WTF?” Track:
Kraftwelt -
Confusion (wait, what’s this non-trance track doing in this all-trance playlist!?)
Holy cow, look at all those missing CDs. Trance isn’t
that obscure on
Spotify Deezer, is it? Not entirely, as I found many tracks on other releases scattered about the app, but at least a quarter of the tracks are missing regardless. What’s strange is how some Hypnotic CDs
are on
Spotify Deezer, a few even re-released with different cover art (lenticular gimmicks aren’t so nifty as a .gif). There was no clear logic in how Cleopatra went about selecting which to upload though, but that’s kinda’ par for the course with that label. Hey, at least they’re still in operation, which is more than can be said for so many other defunct prints of trance’s past.
No comments:
Post a Comment